Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Well, I managed to send out one of my submissions today. A completed Christian romance that I am doing a little polishing on while I wait to hear back.

I have another query letter ready to go concerning a novel I wrote two years ago. I've only submitted it to one publisher~and it was rejected. I put it on the back burner for a while, trying to figure out exactly where this novel 'fits' in the Christian writing world.

Is it a cozy or a romantic suspense? That has been the question. I wrote it intending it to be a cozy, but, as many of you know, a novel has a way of taking on a life of it's own, and sometimes the writer is just along for the ride. All I know to do is to put it out there and see what happens.

I love writing these books and stories, but submitting them is always a challenge for me. I tend to write, rewrite, and the write again!

What about all of you? Do have projects out there being considered? How long, once you are completed with a project, does it take to really be 'ready' to send off to a publisher?

2 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Send that book out again or start looking for an agent. Have you tried Hartline for an agent? Seems more and more publishers require them. Don't be discouraged--we are all in this together!

Janet, said...

Hi, thanks for coming over and commenting on my site. My first time here. I don't have any submissions out right now, but want to send out my latest MG historical fiction out before the end of the year. I tend to edit a lot before sending anything off. Finding a publisher is the hardest thing about writing. I'm still unpublished, I write mostly children's picture books.