Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Reading

Summer weather is almost here! Our weatherman says that we will reach 100 degrees by the end of next week. Whew! I'm not sure I'm ready for that, just yet. Still, the warmth is welcome after such a long winter for us.

Have you made your summer reading list, yet? It's such a perfect time of year to sit in the shade in a comfy lounge chair, or, my favorite, sit on the porch swing and enjoy the cool morning air before the heat takes hold for the day.

I usually re-read a few books every summer. One of them is Shepherd of the Hills, by Harold Bell Wright. It is such an old-fashioned book and I love reading the old style of writing. The Branson area is one of my favorite summer destinations and this book always brings the beautiful area to mind.

I hope you are having a wonderful to start to summer:)

This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24


No comments: